Private Lesson Tuition
- Lessons are offered for all ages and all levels of playing.
- There is no long term commitment. Just a two week discontinuation notice is required.
- There is a $20 one time registration fee.
- Violin Rentals are available: Click under "SERVICES OFFERED" for information.
- Tuition is billed monthly
Fees for WSSF
students $100 per month for 30 minute lessons ($25 per lesson) + $10 Monthly group class
$150 per month for 45 minute lessons ($37.50) + $10 Monthly group class
$200 per month for 1 hour lessons ($50) + $10 Monthly group class
Students of WSSF enroll for a minimum of one month and the payment for the first month is due prior to the first lesson. Scheduling is subject to teacher availability. Students may preregister for the upcoming term. Students can enroll at any time on a month to month basis.
In order to assume that all parents and students understand the function of Westfield Studio of Strings and Flute. We ask you to take time to read, review and honor the following policy of the studio.
of WSSF enroll for a minimum of one month and the payment for the first month is
due prior to the first lesson. Scheduling is subject to teacher availability.
Students may preregister for the upcoming term. Students can enroll at any time
on a month-to-month basis.
Please contact me for the policy if interested in taking lesson.
In case of inclement weather the studio will follow its own schedule but it is usually open. I will have a notice whether or not the studio will be open on the first page of the web site. If the studio is open and you make the decision not to show then you will lose your lesson. If you can not access a computer, call or text (preferred) at 413 297 2011
Required Materials: Please bring your instrument, all assigned music, material and practice notebook/folder to each lesson. Instruments may be rented and other materials purchased at Westfield Performance Music (downstairs) or locally at Stamell Stringed Instruments (18 Kellogg Avenue, Amherst), Gerry's Music (South Hadley), or online retailers such as Shar Music, Johnson Stringed Instruments, Woodwind Brass-wind website.
Parental Involvement and Participation: Parents of students under the age of seven are required to sit in on all lessons in order to better assist in weekly practicing. Please bring a notebook in which to take notes on the lesson.
There will be two recitals during the school year which may involve extra rehearsals, and an accompanist fee. $15 per student will be added to your monthly fee during the recital time. (Date, to be determined.) Every student is required to participate.
- It is recommended 30 minutes lesson for beginner children 5-10 years old every week, Suzuki book 1
- It is recommended 45 minutes lesson for beginner children 10-14 years old every week or starting middle of Suzuki book 2.
- It is recommended 45 minutes to one hour lesson for intermediate children and teenagers 10-14, Suzuki book 2 and above
- It is recommended 45 to 60 minutes for ages 15 and older, once a week - Advanced students, children, teenager, or adults should have 60 minutes lesson per week